Are these classes for me ?
Do you already have a C-Section planned, or think you may be planning one ? This programme is for those of you who have made the decision that a Caesarian Section is ‘The Right Birth On The Day’.
These bespoke classes have been designed by The Wise Hippo Ltd
Having a Caesarean Section does not have to mean that you just allow the medical professionals to birth your baby without you having options. You will have already gone through the process of questioning and reviewing information that has led you to this decision. (If you have any doubts about your decision, do call me and we can talk through the ‘negotiation process’ first, before booking this course. This will ensure that you feel confident that it is the right choice for your baby’s birth.)
Here are some questions for you (and your partner) to ask yourselves:
- Do you feel scared about having a C-section ?
- Does your partner know how to support you ?
- Do you want to learn how to gain confidence in your elite medical team by negotiating what’s really important to you ?
- Would you like to be able to enjoy being in theatre and feel excited and not scared about what is happening to you and your baby ?
- Have you been told that you ‘have to have’ a Caesarean section ?
- Are you expecting twins (or triplets or more!) and do you feel that a C-Section is the best route to take ?
- Would you like someone who is very knowledgable about C-Sections to help you navigate your way through what to say, what to ask, what to negotiate, and how to prepare for a C-Section if this is what you want or what is necessary ?
- Are you or your birth partner terrified at the idea of having ‘to go through’ a c-section ?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then this Confident C-section package is your key to gaining control and confidence as it has been custom designed so that you can have the best experience possible for you and will enable you to take the control back of your birth and give you a voice on how and when your baby is born.
You still have choice and options open to you. Being able to control what happens when your special bundle enters the world.
The Wise Hippo Birthing Techniques will really help you to feel calm and relaxed.
What do the classes consist of ?
This programme consisting of 3 sessions , each session approx 2.5 hours, will have you growing in confidence in yourself , your birth partner and elite medical team, thereby avoiding you feeling overwhelmed and ensure you have ‘The Right Birth on The Day’.
The 3 sessions will cover topics such as:
- How you feel about your upcoming C-Section ?
- What is a C-Section ?
- The mind-body connection, and hypnosis a tool for deep relaxation
- Taking charge of your thoughts, and dealing with negative influences
- Reducing anxiety
- Relaxation techniques
- Fear release
- Birth planning
- Birth partner’s role
- Confident C-Section preparation
- Post C-Section body nurturing
The sessions also include:
Video footage of a Baby friendly Caesarean birth and interviews ( you may decide not to view the videos , your choice)
Client Materials are digital – you will gain access to the member’s area of the www.thewisehippo.com website for you to download all your programme materials and mp3’s.
Access to the private Facebook group for Wise Hippo Moms – The Hip Club.
Two example Caesarean section birth plans, including one for twins.
A relaxation reflexology session may be included in one or two of the sessions, time permitting.
Relax with Nature adapted for Caesarean section
Generic Cloak of Protection
Bond and Breathe
Cove of Confidence
Confident C-Section preparation
Confident C-Section Affirmations
Post C-section Body Nurturing
The Wise Hippo ‘instrumental’ mp3 – the background music to all the mp3s above.
In its simplest terms a Lotus Birth is the practice of leaving the umbilical cord uncut, so that the baby remains attached to the placenta until the cord naturally separates at the navel around 3-10 days after birth.
Some couples may decide that they would like to have a short Lotus birth which is when the naturally sealed cord is cut around 4-6 hours after birth.
In our modern day culture Lotus birth is considered to be a relatively new practice. The term ‘Lotus Birth’ began when Clair Lotus Day, who was pregnant and living in California, began to question the routine cutting of the cord. Having decided that she did not want this to happen she sought out an obstetrician who was sympathetic to her wishes. Her son Trimurti was born in hospital and taken home with his cord uncut. Claire named the experience Lotus Birth.
Whilst currently Lotus birth is not something that is practiced by a large number of families, its popularity is growing. Those who choose to have a Lotus Birth see it as a beautiful and logical completion of the birth process. They believe it is just as important to be respected and uninterrupted during the third stage of birth, as it is with all other aspects of birth.