HypnoBirthing™ is a complete programme of antenatal education for preparing the mind and body for birth and beyond, based on the respected Mongan Method, focusing on couples and the family. Self hypnosis, deep relaxation, visualisation and birth education are the tools and techniques you will be taught that will enable you to have a calmer, more relaxed, comfortable and easier birth.
Using Hypnosis for birthing
HypnoBirthing™ brings child birth education and hypnosis together to provide a unique preparation for the birth of your child.
“Your baby’s birth day is the most important day of its life; you need to prepare well for it.”
What is the Hypno in HypnoBirthing™? What is Hypnosis?
There’s really nothing to be scared of, we all go in and out of hypnotic states naturally on a regular basis.
Hypnosis is simply a feeling of relaxed concentration, just like when you are absorbed in a good film.
If it’s a really good one, you are still awake and aware of what’s going on around you, but you just ‘tune out’ the distractions and focus completely on the film.
Anyone can achieve success with hypnosis. Anyone who chooses too, can reach deep relaxation and redirected focus. Many highly successful athletes use similar techniques and refer to the state of mind that self-hypnosis brings as being ‘in the zone’ or ‘in flow’ – i.e. completely focused.
When using techniques of HypnoBirthing™, what you will experience is similar to these states of focus.
When having your baby with HypnoBirthing™ you will experience a state similar to the daydreaming that occurs when you are engrossed in a good book, staring at the fire or standing in the shower.
Benefits of HypnoBirthing™
* More relaxed and enjoyable pregnancy* Reduces and often eliminates the need for medication
* You are taught deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear which causes tension, resulting in pain
* Gives you control
* Shortens labour
* Reduces the need for episiotomy and frequently eliminates fatigue during labour
* Gives parents techniques to achieve a gentle and calm birth for themselves and their baby
* Natural ways to bring about labour without artificial induction
* Breathing techniques are taught to allow the women to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing.
* The birthing partner is given an important role in the birthing
* Leaves the mother awake, fresh, alert and with energy
* Returns childbirth to a beautiful, natural positive experience
* Babies are calmer at birth, more content and feed better
Benefits for baby
Babies born as a result of HypnoBirthing™ tend to be calmer, feed better, sleep better and experience less trauma during birth as they are gently breathed into the world at their own pace.
Scientific research has shown that HypnoBirthing™ babies also have a higher Apgar score (a measure of how well the baby is doing immediately after birth and then five minutes later).